- ASRock Dura Cap (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors
- Digi Power, Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2100(OC)
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireXô, 3-Way CrossFireXô and CrossFireXô
- Supports NVIDIAÆ SLIô
- 4 x USB 3.0, 5 x SATA3, 2 x IEEE 1394, Dr. Debug, Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)
- Supports ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB Technologies
- Supports Graphical UEFI, On/Off Play, Instant Boot, Instant Flash, APP Charger, Turbo UCC, APP Shop
ASRock Motherboard 970 EXTREME4 is designed to build up the most powerful system and delivers the most demanding technology for users nowadays. Just enjoy next generation computing with ASRock 8-Core CPU Ready motherboard. What youíve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever youíd like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesnít melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit.
Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity. Unlike traditional motherboards that use analog power, this motherboard uses a next generation digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, which provides CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly, so that the stability and lifespan of the motherboard is greatly enhanced. The unique combo cooler retention module greatly improves heat dissipation and is backward compatible with AMD previous AM3/AM2+ coolers. Even when the system is powered off (in ACPI S5 mode), On/Off Play Technology still allows users to enjoy the great audio experience from the portable audio devices through the PC speaker.
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is a revolutionary BIOS utility which offers tweak-friendly options in an advanced viewing interface. Compared with traditional BIOS design, the latest UEFI utility provides lots improved functions. The major features of UEFI include:
1. Graphical Visual Experience ñ UEFI provides an improved visual interface with colorful icons and makes your computing environment more versatile to replace the traditional dull BIOS page.
2. Mouse Enabling ñ Besides keyboard control, you can freely use mouse to select your ideal settings in UEFI as well.
3. Supports 3TB bootable HDD - UEFI breaks the limitations of 2TB bootable HDD on traditional BIOS. With UEFI, you can enjoy 3TB bootable HDD size.
ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) is an all-in-one software to fine-tune different features in an user-friendly interface, which includes Hardware Monitor, Fan Control, Overclocking, OC DNA and IES. In Hardware Monitor, it shows the major readings of your system. In Fan Control, it shows the fan speed and temperature for you to adjust. In Overclocking, you are allowed to adjust the CPU frequency, ratio and some voltages for optimal system performance. In OC DNA, you can save your OC settings as a profile and share with your friends. Your friends then can load the OC profile to their own system to get the same OC settings.
In IES (Intelligent Energy Saver), the voltage regulator can reduce the number of output phases to improve efficiency when the CPU cores are idle without sacrificing computing performance. CrossFireX is a brand name for ATIô Technologies multi-GPU solution. The technology allows a pair of graphics cards to be used in a single computer to improve graphics performance. SLI is a brand name for NVIDIAÆ multi-GPU solution. The technology allows a pair of graphics cards to be used in a single computer to improve graphics performance. Turbo UCC technology provides you an all-in-one solution to unlock the hidden cpu cores in the CPU, get the amazing system performance boost by auto-overclocking, and running the system in a certainly lower power consumption level as well. When you press "X" when switch on the computer, the system will automatically reboot itself, after that, the system will execute the Turbo UCC function.
Enabling Turbo UCC will automatically help you to unlock the extra CPU core to enjoy an instant performance boost, and the system performance will boost up by overclocking CPU frequency, memory frequency and all related voltage settings! Different from normal high-energy consumption for overclocking or system upgrading process, ASRock Turbo UCC can allow an energy-saving overclocking or system upgrade computing operation! Simply installing the App Charger driver, it makes your iPhone charge up to 40% faster than before. ASRock App Charger supports continuous charging when your PC enters Standby mode (S1), Suspend to RAM (S3), hibernation mode (S4) or power off (S5). The App Charger technology has been fully applied on ASRock Full series motherboards.
|Ports||4 x USB 3.0, 5 x SATA3, 2 x IEEE 1394|