Audio-Technica’s AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.Audio Technica AT897 Specifications:Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenserPolar Pattern: Line + gradientFrequency Response: 20-20,000 HzLow Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octaveOpen Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa, Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 PaImpedance: Phantom: 200 ohms, Battery: 300 ohmsMaximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D., Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.Dynamic Range (typical): Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL, Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPLSignal-To-Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 PaPhantom Power Requirements: 1-52V DC, 2 mA typicalBattery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3Battery Current / Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)Switch: Flat, roll-off (recessed)Weight 5.1 oz (145 g)Dimensions: 10.98" (279.0 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameterOutput Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-typeAccessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying caseAudio-Technica Case Style: SG2Blucoil 20 ft XLR Cable Specifications:Finish: BlackMaterials: Oxygen-Free Copper WiresLength: 20 Feet
- PROFESSIONAL RECORDING: Audio Technica’s AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, wildlife recording, and broadcast applications. It features a smooth, natural sounding on-axis audio quality.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE SHOTGUN: Due to its gradient design and narrow acceptance angle of line, the short shotgun offers outstanding long distance audio pickup.
- SOUND REJECTION: The AT897 features an excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from sides and rear of the mic.
- BLUCOIL 20 FT XLR CABLE + 5 PACK CABLE TIES: The Blucoil XLR Cable is a staple for audio, video, studios, and theaters. The high grade copper prevents degeneration increasing product life and eliminates problem of lost signals over time.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Audio Technica AT897 Line Gradient Compact Shotgun Condenser Microphone, AT8405 stand clamp, AT8134 windscreen, AA battery, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter, and protective carrying case. Blucoil 20 ft XLR Cable, and 5 Pack Cable Ties.