Audio-Technica VM540ML Phonograph Cartridge The VM540ML MicroLine® stylus cartridge is the premier 500 Series model in Audio-Technica’s new VM cartridge line – a line that harks back to A-T’s early days as a manufacturer primarily of high-end phono cartridges, while also incorporating today’s advanced technology. Like all VM cartridges, the VM540ML is equipped with dual magnets that are positioned to match the left and right channels in the stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response. The cartridge’s MicroLine® stylus allows it to trace the record groove with incredible accuracy, resulting in nuanced audio reproduction that elliptical and conical styli simply can’t match. The stylus’s multilevel shape also wears better than other styli, while reducing the wear on your records. Includes mounting hardware. TECHNICAL SPECS: • Replacement Stylus: ATN440MLb • Frequency Response: 20-27,000 Hz • Channel Separation: 28 dB (1 kHz) • Vertical Tracking Force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard) • Stylus Construction: Nude square shank • Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms • Output: 4.0 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec) • Channel Balance: 1.0 dB (1 kHz) • Stylus Shape: 2.2 x 0.12 mil MicroLine® • Cantilever: Aluminum tapered pipe • Mount: Half-inch • Coil impedance: 2,700 ohms (1 kHz) • DC resistance: 800 ohms • Load Capacitance: 100-200 pF • Coil inductance 460 mH (1 kHz) • Dynamic compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz) • Static compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 40 • Vertical Tracking Angle: 23° • Dimensions:17.3 mm (0.7") H x 17.0 mm (0.7") W x 28.2 mm (1.1") D • Weight: 6.5g
- ACCURATE TRACKING – The Audio-Technica VM540ML Phonograph Cartridge features MicroLine stylus that tracks portions of a record’s groove better than other styli. The MicroLine provides accurate tracking of ruler-flat frequency response and high-frequency passages. Plus, it wears more evenly, which extends the record and stylus life.
- LESS DISTORTION – The VM540ML is a dual moving magnet cartridge, which removes magnetic losses and provides better signal transfer. It uses PCOCC wire (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) that doesn’t obstruct signal transmissions. This cartridge only produces pure sounds with minimal distortion.
- DURABILITY – The VM540ML dual moving magnet cartridge is made of 0.12 mil nude, square micro-linear stylus, and aluminum pipe cantilever, ensured to last for years of usage.
- BLUCOIL ANTI-STATIC BRUSH – The Blucoil Audio brush features two rows of anti-static carbon fiber bristles that effectively removes dust, dirt, and grit from vinyl/LP records. It also removes the static charge from speakers.
- INCLUDES – Audio-Technica VM540ML Phonograph Cartridge. Blucoil Audio Carbon Anti-Static Fiber Cleaning Brush for Vinyl/LP Records.